Monday, March 30, 2009

all alone

Well last friday I received a phone call from Parkers teacher. She thinks he would benefit from going to the all day kindergarten. He is a level higher in his reading than where he is "supposed" to be but her other kids are soaring even higher and he seems to be loosing interest. This kindof surprised me because he is my one kid that has seemed to do better in school but I think she is a phenomenal teacher and she really wants to get him excited about reading again. So that means I am without my baby :(
I loved my one on one time with him in the mornings. But he is so excited. He woke up before me this morning and when I went to get him up he was sitting on his bed all dressed and ready to go. He is so excited to get to eat lunch at school and have an extra recess you know all the important things about school.

This could be a good thing for me also. Some of the nights when my shifts at work end later than expected it will be nice to be able to get the kids off to school and come back home to catch a nap. Plus this will help him get ready for next year.

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

I call that a blessing...you are taking care of your family and the lord is taking care of you!!! Take a nap girl!!! I miss you!