Friday, January 11, 2008

update on dee

Okay so on the day when Dee had is little ER visit I decided to give his doctor a call and see what we should do for his sleeping issues. He decided to add a new med to help stay asleep. So we have tried it for 2 nights now and both nights he slept through them. This is great considering he has only slept 2 whole night in 6 months. As much as I hate giving him meds I just feel like there is no option when it comes to his safety. It has been very wearing on me and Rick too. But I would deal with it no matter what if it was only effecting me but it is obviously a dangerous situation and I have to protect him.

I just hate having to medicate him but I have to remind myself that his mind and body works different that most people. To me his is just my son. I see him no different than any of my other sons. Each child is unique in their own ways and it is hard for me to accept that he has a true disability. I know I did not cause this in him but I feel guilty like I couldn't protect him from it. We truley took him into our family because we wanted our family to grow and we wanted to provide everything in the world for him. I just love him so much. I want everything for him.

Sorry I really like to ramble these days but these are the thoughts that go through my head. I have to get them out somewhere!!! Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Deb Williams said...

isn't that what it's here for???

Katie said...

He already has everything he will ever need to succeed to the best of his potential, just like your other sons- a loving family who are there for him no matter what,he is very lucky to have you and you him.
If the medication is helping him then it isnt a bad thing so dont beat yourself up over it.
take care :)