Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to reality!!!!





Okay this is the first full week back to school and the normal grind and I am so very happy about this. I must be a terrible mother because I am the type that does not like it when the kids are out of school. I feel bad about that sometimes but it gets overwhelming sometimes to entertain them. I have Adam who thinks he is going to die of boredom and Deshawn who because of his autism does not do very well with change in schedule or playing with his brothers for long periods of time. He gets too frustrated.

So I am left trying to appease them all which is a complete joke and pretty much impossible. But I will admit this is the best break we have had. I really didn't get too overwhelmed. I think the meds we started Dee on has made things easier for him which in turn makes things easier for all of us. Adam was still bored but hey whats a mom to do about that. We were completely busy the whole christmas break so I don't have any clue why he was so bored but whatever. Then there is parker. He is just the kindof kid that goes with the flow. He was pretty much content doing whatever.


On another note I want to know why the whole damn state of utah gets tonz of snow and my town gets a little dusting. I am so mad about this. I have been dying since christmas to take the boys tubing because they got tubes from Santa and we haven't had any snow. Two towns away the were getting inches and inches and we got nnothing. I am very dissapointed in mother nature. It was supposed to snow today too but all I can see when I look out the window is a beautiful blue sky. Damn those beautiful blue skies:)

Enough of my rambling. I will go now!!!!!!!!!

The picture above is one of all my guys. Adam was 5, Dee was 16 months and Parker was 7 months old. I can't believe how old they are now.

6 comments:

Deb Williams said...

miss the snow...I love the changing of the seasons...you sort of get them here...we do get the changing of the leaves in the fall but no snow...I would love a slight dusting...not that the rest of the city would know what to do...dut i would just stand there and let it fall all around me!

Pam said...

Wanna come play at my house? We live at the mouth of the canyon in Springville, and we have a good 10 inches.

I am the same type of mom as you. I love it when the kids are in school.

This break was great though. We spent from Christmas day to the
2nd of January in our basement playing gutiar hero III, pretending the world didn't exist......it was great!!

Isn't it great when you get the right cocktail of meds to work, and things are just smooth....I love that!

my--four--sons said...

Pam-MY mom keeps telling me to come to her house too. She lives in payson and had tonz of the white stuff. We totally played guitar heroIII too. After my kids friends got it for christmas I decided I needed an early birthday present and told my hubby to go out an buy it for me.
Deb-I would totally miss the snow if I didn't have it too.
I know all we have to do is go closer to the canyon 5 min away but I wanted to go to the jr high 1block away. Selfish me!!!

Jean Hard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jean Hard said...

MEl, you are a great mom.. don't be so hard on your self.. We all need a little space of our own so that we can SOMETINES JUST THINK ! We need it. It helps us to be ready when they are all home.There is so some much that a mom has to do to keep everyone else going.
Keep up the good work cutie pie.
Your blog is looking great by the way.

Jean Hard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.