Thursday, January 24, 2008

Another sloooooooooooooow week!!

Well this week has been exciting with the new arrival in our family. I got to go and spend some time with Elias yesterday and he is soooooooo tiny. I haven't held a baby that little since my niece that was only 3 or 4 pounds I can't remember for sure now how much she weighed but she was by far the tiniest little baby I have ever seen. He is precious. His forehead and eyebrow area looks alot like brian and he has marys lips and dimples(love it). They are undecided on the nose.

But with all that excitement there has been nothing else too great to report. I just really want this week to be over and the weekend to start. Plus Rick will be taking me out to a nice dinner this weekend for my birthday and on Sunday we will get to go out with my whole family to celebrate my sister and my birthday. Because I guess I have to share the spotlight with her too.

Funny story.....When my sister and her ex husband lived in Denver we had one birthday that we were not able to be together and to tell the truth I was a little excited to get all of the attention to myself. But after all these years of always spending our birthdays together that birthday ended up feeling really weird and we both hated it. So from then on out we made it a point to always spend our birthday together. So the next year I drove out to denver to be with her. And we also had a year we wanted to run away and we went to Arizona and spent our birthday out there. So we probably will always have to share the birthday spotlight but that is exactly how we want it.

Only 4 more days till my(our) birthday!!!!!

3 comments:

Deb Williams said...

sounds like you guys are gunna have a nice weekend! Iknow this week is never ending! On tuesday iwas thinking it was thursday and when that happens it makes the week drag out!

Dee said...

You are lucky to have that connection. I would have a hard time sharing my birthday but am VERY jealous of having that special connection with a sister. Now that I'm older I think I miss having a sister. Great! Now you've got me wondering if we're not being fair to Riley by not giving her a sibling. Shoot. Rick better take you someplace NICE with YUMMY DRINKS for your birthday!!! I said!

my--four--sons said...

Deb-yeah I am sure we are going to have a great weekend.

Dee- I am not sure where we are going but I know it will definetly be somewhere nice with YUMMY drinks:)