Saturday, June 2, 2007

Why! Why! Why!


Some days you just have to ask yourself WHY! Why me!

We all decided it would be great to have a nap today. So the husband fell asleep first, leaving me to handle the little munchkins. Just as I felt myself drifting I could hear them playing around. So I go to see what they were into and noticed a sharpie in my youngest sons hand. So I grab it and question him "what did you write on sweetie" and of course no reply he just gives me this look like, What? What did I do? He is almost 4 so I am thinking in my head "you are old enough to know darn good and well why I am questioning you" anyhow I looked all around and YEAH there was no marker on the walls, floors, or the kids so whew I was safe on that one.

So I tuck them back into bed and head to my bed. By this time I realize I am not going to be able to take a nap so I decided to go watch some tv. Well I soon come to realize the kids are not going to give into the dreaded nap. So I still wanted some quiet time (heaven forbid) so I tuck them into big brothers bed to watch some cartoons. Then I went ahead with my quiet afternoon.

Well the husband finally awakes from his slumber because the boys couldn't stand it that their daddy was still asleep and decided to pounce on him until he got up. Which by the way he loved every minute of. Then the husband decided to go get a drink in the kitchen of course the little munchkins have to follow. Then all of the sudden I hear "lets go tell mom what you did". I thought now what? I then buried my head in my pillow. Oh no what could it be. Well let me tell you. What do you get when your 4 year old gets ahold of a razor blade? BIG HUGE GASHES in the wall. Lets also not forget about the slashes in big brothers comforter set.

Okay so keep in mind our house is currently on the market so there was no procrastination on the repair work. So the whole time I was repairing all of this I was thinking to myself how in the world did those sneaky little boys do all of that damage without me hearing a thing. Little boys are miraculous.

So I have spent most of the evening huffing and puffing about all I had to do to fix this and have finally calmed down now enough to be able to laugh about it. Probably because it is all fixed after a little sandpaper and paint. No worries right?

2 comments:

Deb Williams said...

are you taking thse pics yourself? They are awesome!

my--four--sons said...

I have taken all the pics except our family portrait.