Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Well what do you know

Today was a very successful day at the movies. The boys all got their treats and watched the movie and....get this...NO MESS!!!

Today was a monumental day for me though. For those of you who don't know I have been struggling with diabetes for awhile now. Mostly since my pregnancies but more so in the last year. We have been treating with oral meds for over a year now and I responded to them great for a short while in the beginning but I have been struggling ever since despite all of my efforts. We decided to start a long lasting insulin to my regimine of meds. I always thought I never wanted to go on insulin because it feels like everyone I know that has been on insulin has died. Which in my family that is alot of people (you gotta love genetics). Anyhow it has come to the point that I am relieved to go on it. I felt like such a failure that I couldn't get my numbers down. I always hear from people that you can control things through diet and exercise but I tried so hard. I get really sick of people who don't know what they are talking about. Every diabetic is different you just have to find what works for you. Yeah there are some diabetics out there that can control their diabetes by diet and exercise alone but that's not me. I tried my hardest. It was to the point where I wasn't even eating enough calories just so I could try to keep my sugars down. I felt like I was having to prove myself to people and I have finally got comfortable with the fact that I have no control over this situation. I can still try to control them the best I can but my body is screaming for more help. I have to put my pride aside and try to get my bloodsugar undercontrol or I will not be a heathly mother. Plus who wants to die young? NOT me thank you very much I still have a lotta livin to do.

Anyhow thanks for listening to me. It's just nice to spill my guts every once in awhile. Especially since this is a very sensitive subject for me.

2 comments:

Deb Williams said...

GO FIGHT WIN!!!! Mel I say do what makes you Healthy! If that is haven shots then shoot up Baby! any way I have watched you struggle with this and you eat right and you are very healthy...as much as you can be in this area...Plus you have to have quality of life...if you aren't having that then you need to find what will give you that! that is way I say go for it! you know you better then anyone! Oh and I love you! So that make it all better right!

my--four--sons said...

Thanks Deb I like to hear people routin for me. I feel much better now.