Thursday, February 14, 2008

how did you meet your significant other?????

Hey HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!

I thought it might be fun to see how everyone met their special someone. Leave me a comment I would love to know.

Me and Rick met at work. I thought he was a jerk at first but in time I learned that he is the most gentle, sweet and loving person. I think most people get that impression of him at first because he is so big and intimidating and quiet when he doesn't know you. Anyway we flirted with each other for a few months and I couldn't figure out why he would never ask me out. Later I found out he was waiting until I reached the tender age of 18. My dad worked at the same place and evidently he was scared of my dad. Now anyone who knows my dad will think this is quite comical because my dad in 5 foot 2 inches and weighs nothing and Rick is 6 foot 3 inches and weighs over 250lbs. Anyway when I turned 18 he still waited awhile and being the impatient one I made my cousin (his boss and friend) set us up. So my cousin and his wife invited us both over for dinner and well we have been together ever since. We were married about a year later. I know I was a baby but I think I was mature enough at the time. I can't say everyone is but I know I was. Here we are looking forward to our 12th anniversary next month. Amazing!!! And we are more in love with each other everyday.

2 comments:

Deb Williams said...

We met on the net in 2002 in a chat room and became instant friends. ONLY Friends believe it or not...no Net romance! About 3 months later he was making a trip to my neck of the woods and we decided to meet in person. I was attracted instantly! He however was interested in a girl he met before the trip…so we stayed friends.

About 2 years later still friends and still talking by net and phone…I guess our so called stars aligned and we started to discuss dating. I was about to head to his home town for a family visit and we decided if I could find a job that I would stay and we would continue to see how things progressed.

I found a job and worked and dated Josh. We dated for about 3 months and the chemistry was there and we had a lot of fun together. We were both into trying fun new things that the other was interested in and ended up loving the things that other enjoyed. We had so much fun we decided to get married just in common conversation…he never proposed, it was just OK. We got a second job together and earned money to pay for a cute little wedding. We got married exactly 4 months after starting to date…people kept asking if it was a shot gun wedding, but it wasn’t!

Shanda said...

I found love at Lowes Hardware. James and I both worked together there. Are first date was on my 20th Birthday in May and we really started dating a month later after that. We dated for a year and 4 months before we were married.