Thursday, February 7, 2008

Adam!!!



Well I went to parent teacher confrence for Adam last night and I just had to share how well he is doing. Last year he really struggled in reading and so this year I think between the combo of a really eager new teacher and the tutoring I put him in outside of school he has grown so much. His teacher says that he is doing excellent. His reading and math have excelled this last quarter.

He was never too far behind but I think he just needed a little boost so that is why I put him in tutoring. Plus I think reading is very important and I can't get him to do his reading at home so I think that tutoring is a great option for him to get his reading in.

I told myself if he doesn't improve this year I would move him to a charter school but I think he is doing much better. I actually was looking into putting him into a charter school this year but he was so upset about leaving his friends that I decided to give it one more year. I am glad I did. He really is doing well and I couldn't be more proud of him.

2 comments:

Deb Williams said...

when you are young it seems that the things you are slower in all the sudden click and you just take off! HE is a cute kid!

Dee said...

Way to go Adam! I am so proud of you!