Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Super busy, Super sick!!!

Okay I know it was been a while since I posted so lets do a catch up. Uhhmmm let's see the two younger boys (Parker and Dee) started soccer this Saturday. Can I say OH MY GOSH HOW STINKIN CUTE ARE THEY!!! They were so excited to start soccer. They had their first practice on the Friday before. Dee did soooo good. Parker well I think he still might be on the young side. At the game Dee participated the whole time while Parker pooped out after 15 minutes or so. We are just going to continue to let them participate as much as they are comfortable. After all at this age it isn't about winning it is about getting familiar with the sport.

After the game we decided to empty out our storage unit. We originally got it to declutter and then to move the rest of our stuff when we sold our house. Well since we decided to stay we decided it was stupid to waste our money on a storage unit since those puppies aren't cheap.

Then we went to Genola. Rick's parent live there and we had our trailer at their house for awhile. Well since it is creeping up on the deer hunts (less than 3 weeks away) we decided to bring it home and clean it real good. Rick is also going to work on the heater. It stopped working the last time we went out and I refuse to go without again.

Sunday was a super fun but exhausting day. We decided to go to the Timp.anogos Cav.es in American Fork Can.yon. We hiked our butts off. I seriously forgot how hard that hike was. I feel bad because Rick had to carry Dee the entire time. I could barley make it myself. All I had to do is hold Parkers hand the whole time and I thought that was hard. It took us about 90 minutes to get to the cave and it is straight up hill. It took us about an hour to get back down. It was still hard coming back down because it was steep and it hurt the shins a little (when I say a little I meant alot). I ate several snacks along the way but by the time we made it down I had such low blood sugar I was very woozy. Luckily, they had a little snack area. I ordered a personal pizza and french fries. By the time we got home I took my sugars and they were still 67 (norm 80-120) holey cow I ate some serious carbs and I was still too low. Needless to say I was pissed off at this stupid disease I have. I don't want anything to stand in my way of doing anything I want. Everyone says you can live a normal lifestyle with diabetes but I beg to differ. I know I can still do anything I want but I can't do it carefree. I always have to wonder if I am going to go low or If I eat that am I going to be too high. If I hike (which I do alot of) how do I handle it so I don't go too low. I know I am supposed to eat an extra 15 carbs for 30 minutes of exercise so I know how to calculate it but DAMNIT why should I have to. Sorry about the little rave I am still having issues with this whole diabetes thing.

Monday--- Well Monday was not so good. Can you say BARF!!!! Yeah that's what I was doing all morning. I hate to puke. I was sick most of the day and my legs HURT! I was so sore on Monday it literally felt like I was having charley horses every time I would move my legs.

Tues-- Well I felt alot better today. I am still a little sore but I can handle it today. So I decided today was the day I was going to start school clothes shopping. Shoot me in the head now what was I thinking. I took all three boys to kh.ols to get some shoes. It took us over an hour to pick out shoes for everyone and we still ended up not getting any for Adam. We had to go over to famou.s f.ootwear. We finally found some cute (I mean cool) ones there. Then when Rick got home from work me and Adam decided to go to Park City to the outlet stores. I seriously finished all three boys school clothes shopping today. Yeah I know I ROCK! I can't believe I did it. I was determined to beat the crowds and the weather was a little cloudy so the temps were awesome. The only sucky part about the whole trip was the drive back down provo canyon in the dark. I seriously can't see more than 10 feet infront of me in the dark. The canyon is also under a whole lot of constuction so the lines in the roads are crap. When I got home tonight I hurt from being so tense. But all in all it was a successful day.

I have pics to post but I can't locate my camera. I think Adam has it in his backpack and it is late so I don't want to bug him. I will post tomorrow.

Congratulations if you made it to the end of this post.

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

your a busy girl. My nephew likes it when he goes low because he likes that he can eat super sugary things that they wont always let hime have...he is a funny kid! How ever this summer he is being lazy and not watching it like she should and he is H I alot... Iknow it is frustrating I I know from being around it so much that soon you will get it down and it will become old hat for you! hang in there!