Monday, July 23, 2007

Busy weekend!


Well we had one of those busy kindof weekends. Saturday we cleaned our house first thing and then we ran errands and come home had lunch and put the boys down for a nap. But the boys decided they did not need a nap. I hate it when they do that. So we had a fun afternoon playing instead of napping. Then I went to my family bunko game. We always have alot of fun. It got really crazy. I actually won most wins. I was shocked because I have never won any prizes at bunko. I won a little tool kit. It is perfect for me and my little project around the house. Then after we were done playing their city was having fireworks so I ran home and got Adam so he could see them too.

Sunday we got up got ready and I had to make a salad and then we were off to my parents house for a lunch with Gloria. Gloria is my grandma's best friend. They have been friends since they were young mothers. My grandma died a few years ago and Gloria still keeps in contact with my mom. Well gloria had bought little outfits for all of my mom's grandkids. Such a sweetheart she is. She said she just wanted to spoil them because grandma is not here to do it. I think my grandma had a great friend in her. Wouldn't that be awesome to have a best friend for that many years. WOW!

Before Gloria went home we dug out some old pics from grandma's house. We had a good laugh at our 80's doo's. Oh my hell what was I thinking!!!!! Rick had a great laugh. Big hair and stonewashed miniskirts. OUCH! (Oh Yeah Dee if you are reading this there were some great ones of you too:)

Anyway we drove to Rick's parents house to say hi since we were near them and of course they weren't home. So we drove home and did nothing of great importance the rest of the evening. All in all a great weekend.

I tried to take pictures of the boys in their new outfits and they were being stinkers and wouldn't cooperate so I gave up. I want to get pictures of all the grandkids in their outfits so my mom can have a picture with all of the grandkids. But we will have to wait a couple of weeks for that.

I left a picture of Rick's Family portraits we had done in December. This family has sure grown since I joined the clan. I am very greatful for everyone of them in my life. His family is wonderful.

3 comments:

Dee said...

I'm SO bummed. No one told me the get together with Gloria had been resceduled!!! I SO would have been there!!! DANG IT!!!

Deb Williams said...

Awe I miss spending time with the family and that dand gum bunko think I FINALLY GOT Sarted and then MOVED!!! Bummer. I dont know any one here that I could get one of those going...And I think it is so fun. sounds like you haved a fun weekend. I wish we could get paid better so that we could live there I miss the changing of the seasons! any way I guess I am saying I miss you guys!

my--four--sons said...

Deb you better miss us! We definetly miss you guys.