Monday, October 13, 2008

Buddy has parvo

Oh my gosh it is 1:40am and I have just gotten back from the vet. Our sweet little buddy has parvo. He was fine yesterday and today he has been throwing up all day. I thought he might just have a bug or maybe ate something bad but after reading the horrible internet stories I thought maybe he might have it but he had no blood in his stool. Then the last clue surfaced its ugly head and I knew. I just broke down and cried. It was around 11:00pm when that happened and I immediatley called the vet and they told me to bring him right in. I was seriously crying the whole time. They gave him a IV under his skin and they filled his skin up so it could slowly hydrate him. Then we decided on at home care so they finally let me take him home and do a home treatment.

I need everyone to please say a prayer for buddy and our other dogs. The other dogs so far have no signs but it can take up to 10 days so we are going to have to watch them. In the meantime we have to bleach everything. Roxy is in our shed right now and she is not liking it and Bailey is in my office sound asleep and has no idea that anything is wrong. That is until the morning when we won't let her out. We even have to bleach our yard.

Okay here is the thing that really pisses me off. Alot of our neighbors let their dogs out at night to roam. Thus they get into my yard which is where my dogs play and infect it with their nasty diseases. We have lived here for awhile and always had dogs and never had this problem. Recently though me and some of the other neighbors have noticed alot of dogs roaming in our nieghborhood. I think that I am going to have to put a stop to it. I am going to start calling animal control on them. I hate to do that but it is not fair for people that keep their dogs put up to have to shell out tonz of money on vet bills and then ultimately have their pets die.

Adam is upset to say the least. He was so loving and nurturing to him all day. He was so worried and concerned. I am very proud of how well he is handling it. I think he may have said at least 20 prayers by now.

Buddy is in my shower (easier cleenup) sound asleep right now. Hopefully we can keep him hydrated and get him back to health.

***UPDATE***

It's now 2:30am I can't sleep I keep worrying about all my dogs. I think I might be in constant tears for the next 10 day until I know that everything is okay. I should know in the next four days if buddy is going to make it but it is going to take ten days before I know if my other dogs got it. The hardest thing about this is if my other dogs get it I don't know if we will be able to afford treatments for my other babies. THIS SUCKS SO BAD!!!!

3 comments:

The Losee Family said...

I am so sorry for you guys. I know exactly what you are going through. We have done the parvo thing with one of our 1st black labs and just recently had to put our cat to sleep because of some other disease. Its sad but the cost of some of these treatments are outragouse. And that ultimatly was what it came down to in both cases. I am praying for you guys.

Deb Williams said...

Oh mel I am so sorry! We will keep you and your pet family in our prayers.

Holly said...

I'm sorry. I'm saying a prayer for you and all of your four legged friends.