Sunday, February 8, 2009

kids are funny

Rick was thinning out his goatee today and the trimmers stuck and ended up cutting a big ole chunk of hair out of it. So he tried to salvage it but to no avail he ended up shaving off his goatee. Well for Deshawn change is very hard for him and when he first saw Rick he was to say the least mortified. Deshawn told Rick to put it back on. He also can't stop staring at him. It is hilarious.

Other funny. Adam came up to me last night with the most puzzled look on his face and said "mom, I saw on tv there was a man that had a baby. How?" Well I didn't quite know how to handle this one. I mean really these are not things I ever dealt with as a child. I couldn't relate any feelings with him on this. I just had to explain to him that the man was actually born a girl so he had all the parts he needed to carry a baby. I really didn't go into much detail considering he is only 10 and he seemed satisfied with that answer. I am sure when he gets older I will have to do my best to help him understand it all. But I have some more time to think about what to say. I was kindof put on the spot last night.

As for other news the whole family has been sick. I have pretty much stayed in bed today. Hopefully we are all on the mend. Today is the worst I have felt and I was the last one to show any signs of getting sick so hopefully we will be in better shape tomorrow.

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

Josh was wondering how he had a baby too!!! I had to laugh when I told him that he was a girl trying to be a guy!!! now here is the queation WHY the duke is he having a kid if he wants to be a man???? Pick a roll and stick with it my goodness!! Oh and BTW he/she is pregnant again!!!! so dont be shocked if you get more questions!