Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

I just wanted to do a quick shout out to my mom. She turned the tender young age of 51 this year. We just got together tonight for a quick dinner. The grandkids did a fantastic job of singing happy birthday to her. My niece also added a little dance to go along with the song. It was all too cute.

On the drive to my parents house my kids were talking about how excited they were to get cake. Well I sat there thinking we probably weren't going to have any cake because....well my mom usually handles things like that and since it was her birthday I highly doubt she made her own cake and I highly doubt my dad did. So I told the boys when you get older you usually don't have cakes. Needless to say they were NOT having any of that so I hit up the market before we got to my parents house and found some cupcakes in the bakery that I thought would satisfy everyone. I think when all was said and done everything turned out.

The drive home was HELL. Deshawn has a serious problem with people touching him and Adam fell asleep and kept leaning into him. So the entire way home Dee was screaming and whining driving everyone completely insane. I just don't know what to do with him sometimes. I guess I just love him until I go insane :)

No comments: