Thursday, January 29, 2009

Freekin out a little

I just got a phone call requesting me to come and do an interview for a call center job. I haven't worked in 5 years and I have mommy brain. I am totally freeked out that I am going to make a complete idiot of myself. It is a full time position which I only wanted something part time but I am not having much luck finding anything part time so I might have to do the full time thing. I will just have to sacrifice some sleep. I asked them if I could work swing shift and they seemed excited that I was asking for swings so who knows.

I tore my house apart looking for my old resume and I just have to make a few changes to it. The only thing that has me concerned is that I have worked way better jobs than this and I am hoping that they don't play the whole "overqualified" thing. I realize that this is a step down but for right now it is what works. I have a Medical Assisting degree and I worked in the banking field for several years but I cannot go back to either of those because they are mainly all day jobs and for right now that won't work for us. I still have three boys who need me. This way I can be available for them during the days. So as far as sleep goes I figure I will only be missing out on some sleep for the next four months. After that summer will hit and I can get Adam to help me with the boys in the summer so I can catch up on some sleep. Then after summer all of my kids will be in school full time and I can sleep when they are in school.

I just hope this is really what I should be doing. I am so afraid my house is going to fall apart and I am not going to get any sleep. The mixture of dirty house and no sleep makes a not so nice mommy :)

3 comments:

Shanda said...

when is your interview?

my--four--sons said...

Thursday

The Losee Family said...

You will be great! And its amazing what us women can do to keep our familys afloat. And you are that kind of woman.