Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bah Humbug!

For some reason I cannot get into the christmas spirit. I put my tree up the day after Thanksgiving and it took me 2 days to finish decorating it. Instead of me hounding Rick to put the lights up on the house he keeps asking me when I want him to. He finally put them up yesterday without me knowing. I think he might actually be more excited for christmas this year than me.

I am usually so excited for the holidays. I am usually finished shopping by Thanksgiving and I want to go and experience everything christmas. Not this year. I seriously don't want to do anything.

Maybe it's not the holidays maybe it's just the evil depression cycle I go through every year. I have suffered with bouts of depression and anxiety and this year it is hitting me hard. When I was diagnosed with anxiety my body was doing this weird tremor thing and I went on meds for it and I finally felt normal again. My body is doing the weird tremor thing again and it is driving me nuts.

When I try to talk to Rick about it he just brushes me off and prefers not deal with me. I don't blame him. My diabetes is alot to deal with. I am sure the last thing he wants is for something else to be going on. For the most part I can deal with the anxiety but when I get the tremor things it makes me go crazy.

Hopefully it will go away without meds because the last thing I need is another med to add to my regimen. The meds I was on before was expensive and a total BITCH to come off of so that really would be my last resort this time.

I am just frustrated right now so I thought why not blog? Thanks for listening to me feel sorry for myself :)

3 comments:

The Losee Family said...

I know what you mean by not having the Christmas spirit. You have done more than me I haven't even set my tree up yet and the kids wont stop bugging me about it. And Tyler wanted to go Christmas shopping last night (which Never happens) and I didn't want to go. I think everyone I talk to this year about Christmas is in their own kind of depression about it right now so dont feel bad.

Deb Williams said...

I love ya mel! Call me if you need to talk!

The Rymers said...

I know dpresion and anxiety suck BAD! I am here for you when ever you want to talk. WE need a girl trip for all of us that feel the same way. Love Ya