Thursday, April 3, 2008

So sorry!!

I have really been slacking on my blog lately. I don't know what it is but I can't come up with anything clever to post. So I guess I can give you some updates on us.

Rick is still working his bones to the ground. He's gearing up for the thousands of projects I have for him this spring.

I am still dieting. It is coming off very slowly but at least it is coming off. I have lost a total of 19 LBS and I am now only taking 15 units of insulin in the morning and I am not taking any at all in the evening. What else........ Oh and I have been SICK uuugggghhh! I hate being sick because it takes me forever to get over it.

Adam is doing awesome. I got his report card last week and he got all A's a couple were A- but I still consider that an A. He has done so well in school this year. The last couple of years he has struggled. But this year he has been in tutoring at the library and he has a great teacher too. He also just started little league. Man they really work these kids. He has practice 3 times a week for 90 min each time. He is really excited though. I still can't believe he is old enough for little league. My baby is growing up way too fast.

Deshawn is as cute as ever. He struggles still but we just take one day at a time. Hey did ya all know it is autism awareness month? I encourage everyone to learn up on autism. Autism is so complex. I am so grateful that we were able to adopt him. I know he came to us so that we can help through this trial he has had to deal with.

Parker is parker. If you know him you will understand that statement. He is boy through and through and I love everything about him. He is such a monkey and way too smart for his own good. He is doing so well in preschool. He brings home the things he works on everyday and I am amazed at how well he can color and write his letters. He is a master at writing his own name.

I am very proud of all my kids they are the best.

So we are going camping this weekend (please pray for good weather) This is our annual family campout so it is usually a pretty good size group and we always have so much fun. Most of my favorite memories as a child stem from these campouts so I am excited to be able to share this with my kids.

Anyway I will take pics and share them when I get back!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Glad everyone is doing well. Except for you being sick. Hope you feel better soon. Congrats on the weight loss--that's amazing!