Monday, July 7, 2008

What a great weekend!

Well we were busy people this weekend. We started our 4th of july weekend out with a family bar b q on friday. Every year on the 4th Rick's family gets together to celebrate the 4th of july. They are there to celebrate the 4th and also it is their grandparents anniversary. His grandma and grandpa are Canadian so when they were married the 4th was not a holiday for them. That is until they moved their family to Utah. So every year since then they get the whole family together on the 4th to celebrate their marriage and the 4th. They have been married 60 something years (I think 64). They are real amazing people. They lived in Canada and farmed and had their family (Rick's mom, aunts and uncles) until the farming was not enough to provide for their family and then they moved to Utah. Ricks grandfather has not been doing very good for the last couple of years and every time I see him he looks sicker and sicker. I hate to see him in the condition he is in.

After the bar b q we went home and napped and then my parents came over and we watched fireworks from my front yard. The kids had fun with the sparklers and little fireworks we lit off before the big fireworks started. I was disappointed with this years fireworks though. They were really short. It surprised me because they are usually pretty good.

Saturday we went around bidding wood so we can get started on our deck. We also went shopping and bought Rick a new outfit to go out that night.

Saturday evening we took the kids to my sisters to stay the night while we stayed in Salt lake. We were celebrating my sister in laws birthday. We went out to dinner at squatters which was really good and the prices were great too. Then we went to port o call and hung out on there patio for a few hours and laughed and laughed and laughed. It felt so great to get away from the kids and chill with some of our closest friends. I think there were like 14 of us. My brother in law bought the girls these ridiculous hats (Go check them out at www.hippowire.com) They were funny. I have the cowboy hat.

We stayed at the little america just down the street. It was a little different from anywhere I have stayed before. It was real victorian. It was different but good. We had a nice ridiculously priced breakfast and then picked up the boys.

The rest of the day was just chillin at home and hugging and loving on the boys. So I would say we had a nice, fun weekend.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I'm so jealous! I could so go for a night out, drinks included!

Glad you guys has a good weekend.

Deb Williams said...

I am with dee...well except for the drinks how ever tempting they may be some days!!! LOL kidden I wish I could get away with my hunny like that some time...it sounds a bit relaxing!