Monday, July 28, 2008

decisions were made...

Okay so I finally got a letter from the school district about Deshawns placement. He will be going to a small group kindergarten in the next city over. But as happy as I am about that I am really upset with the school and district still. Yes I got my answers but the way the decision making process goes I was supposed to have a say in the decision and not once was I contacted or asked what my opinion was. Plus he had some IQ test and other testing done in April and I still have not seen any results from that yet. I just feel like they dropped the ball on this one and I am not happy. But I am happy that he will be going to the small group kindergarten. I think I will try to get ahold of someone at the district and see if I can get those results.

When I adopted Deshawn I told myself I will do everything in my power to provide whatever he needed. Even though his bio mom doesn't know what is happening in his life it is important to me that I provide the best I can for all of his needs so maybe one day if she ever meets him she will know that I did everything in my power for him. So she knows how much I appreciate the wonderful gift she gave me.

As far as everything else goes we are doing well. Yesterday was a little interesting though. I had an aunt and uncle visiting yesterday and while we were visiting Parker came in the house screaming and crying and he was in his birthday suit. I at first was like where are your clothes and why are you screaming? Finally he was able to tell me that deshawn had poured gas all over him. I was freaking out. I ran him to the bath tub and started dumping soap all over him and the whole time he was screaming that he was burning. So I scrubbed harder and faster and finally he was fine. My house smelled like gas for a few hour but we survived. I am still trying to figure out what the hell Dee was thinking when he was putting gas all over his brothers body.

Seriously people should I start picking out a room at the looney bin now?

3 comments:

The Losee Family said...

All I have to say is you have your work cut out for you. Good luck!!!

Deb Williams said...

OMGOSH! the things your kids dont think about when they are doing it! Dee is a handfull good thing he is a cutie! I am glad that you have a place to vent! Or you might start looking...

Holly said...

Oh my. gasoline!?!?!
Dee is a spirited kid, that's for sure. But you are doing a great job.