Friday, May 23, 2008

memorial weekend!

Well we are off again to go camping. This is our third trip in seven weeks. I am getting a little burned out. We are supposed to be going next weekend too but I think I am going to have to pass on that one. We really just need to concentrate on our house for the next little while.

We got our appliances. They are beautiful. I can barely remember what our kitchen looked like before we started. I wish we would have taken pictures. I was 21 when we bought the house and we didn't have any money to do too much fixing up when we first bought it so basically wall paper got torn down and everything got a coat of paint and we called it good for awhile. Since then we have slowly done things. We took the 1970's out of the house (mirrors tiles on the walls with gold veins running through it, dark 1970's cabinets) and the house looks new inside now. I am proud of all the work we have put into this home. I am also excited to finish our upcoming project We are putting in french doors out our kitchen and adding a big deck. This will open up our small kitchen so we can entertain more people.

Anyway we are heading out tomorrow and we will be back on monday. It is close too so we don't have alot of traveling to do YEAH! I hope everyone has a great memorial weekend and a safe one too. We will be home early on monday so we can make our visits to our son's grave and some grandparents too. This time of year is very humbling for me. I always have alot of emotion when we visit all of our loved ones that we miss so terribly. I do love reliving the great memories I have for each person when we visit though.

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

I wish i could go Camping...are you going with the Fam?? cool stuff I wish we could be there!!! we have to find a good place to go here!