Monday, March 10, 2008

trying something new

Well I took deshawn to the doctor today and he has given me a couple of things to try with him. He told me to develop some kindof reward system for him. So we went out and bought some index cards and some fun little stickers and everytime we see him doing anything postive we will give him a sticker. We need to figure out how the whole thing will work but hopefully it will help him try to keep a more positive attitude. The doc told us to do this with parker too. So there is some healthy competition.

Another thing he has suggested is when dee is doing anything "negative" to ignore it and not give him any kind of attention for it. Hopefully this will work because it is really hard to listen when he is having his screaming fits.

I know I say this all the time but I feel so bad for him. I just want him to be happy and not be frustrated. He really is a heartmelter. His laugh can seriously lift my soul. I am proud of him even though it seems like I am always frustrated. I don't think I blog enough about all the good he does too. I tend to get on here and vent about how frustrated I am. I really love him with every fiber of my being. I am so happy and humbled that he is my son. I just hope I can provide him with all the love and help he needs.

Okay after dee's doc appt we all got in the car and I turned to look in the backseat to see if the boys had their belts on and I discovered that not only my boys were safe and secure but their beloved Woody was also safe :)

2 comments:

Deb Williams said...

you gotta love woody ella makes me buckle her baby dolls every day! I get so sick of it when I am in a hurry! I guess I shouldn't! so what doe the Dr think of sign language? do they not want you to go that way so the he will try and speak eventually?

my--four--sons said...

they are fine using sign but it is only and aid right now it is not supposed to be a permanent thing. He will eventually be able to speak but when that will be is the real question.