Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St Patty's!!!!!

I just wanted to wish you all a happy St Patricks day.

It's been awhile since I update with new info so I'll try to fill you all in. HMMMMMM lets see....... not much has really been going on. I am still on my lovely diet. I have lost the weight that I gained back after Vegas and I have lost 2 more for a total of 17lbs so far. I have also been able to drop my insulin to 25 units once a day and about 2 times a week I will give myself maybe 10 units before bed but my blood sugars have been fabulous. I went from 110 units everyday to 25-35 units. I really hope I can go off of insulin completely but I dunno if that will happen because I know I can't cut any more carbs because it won't be healthy. I need some carbs to function especially with all the working out I am doing. I really am trying to do this weight loss thing as healthy as possible.

So on Saturday my family hired a hypnotist to put on a show for us. I had a blast. There is nothing like going to one of those shows and knowing every person. I think it made it even funnier. I really hope we will do something like this again because it was alot of fun. The hypnotist was so much fun. He had a great personality and I honestly thinks he loves his job. He was having so much fun that he ended up going over almost an hour.

Anyway I gotta go scrub some toilets. Hope you alll have a fun day:))

3 comments:

Deb Williams said...

I heard a few stories it sounded like it was so much fun. I hope i get a chance to go sometime...we should make it a family yearly event! that way I can plan a trip while it is going on!

Jeanna GT said...

i cannot believe you've dropped your insulin that much! that is so awesome! CONGRATS! if there's ever an incentive, i guess that'd be it, eh? hope you're really doing super swell! miss seeing you! we should really just do lunch sometime! have a great week!

Ronda Gardner said...

congrates Melanie, that is great you are doing an awesome job. I know how hard it is too loose weight and it is so rewarding when you do...even more when you have too take less medication then you were before. That is great keep up the good work well support each other through our weight loss. Your awesome!