Tuesday, August 25, 2009

2 Days down!

Well I made it through 2 days of working. My feet are killing me but I am not as tired as I thought I would be. I am just not used to working on my feet. I have always had a desk job since I was 20 so it will take a while to get used to it. But I found out today that I will be getting a paycheck all year even when I am off work for the summer. Then I called our district HR dept and was talking to them and she told me that because I am a contracted employee I will get the state of utah retirement and I will only have to pay $215 for my whole family to have medical insurance. I am so excited for this because we have been without insurance for a year and it is not a comfortable feeling.

This job is going to work out so well. Rick gets the kids up,dressed and fed and his mom works right by our house so she picks them up and takes them to school before she goes to work and I am home by 1:00 or 1:30. I also have all the same days off that my kids do because I work in the same district they attend school in.

As far as my kids go they are loving school. Dee told me tonight that school is GREAT and that he loves it. I have also noticed that Adam has a great attitude this year I think it has alot to do with the fact that his teacher is a male but whatever it is I will take it last year was a difficult one. Parker he just goes with the flow. He is happy to be back in school. His teacher is also a male teacher which is different for a first grade teacher but he is one of those teachers that has a gentle soul.

Thangs are changing but in a good way and I think things are looking up for us :)

3 comments:

Deb Williams said...

I am so glad that you found something so perfect!!! What a huge blessing!!!

Merr said...

Now that is the job I want one day! Once the kids are in school full time I would love to have a job that would allow me to be home when they are.

kiles1670 said...

That is great news. Good luck to you all