Sunday, October 28, 2007

somber sunday

Well today is being a sad day for me. Well all week has actually been hard. Rick came home on Tuesday and told me that one of his workers' and his wife had just lost their baby. She only had a couple of weeks to go until she was due. This is the first time since our little Kasey was born that we have known someone that has had a stillborn baby. Their story reminds me alot of ours. I still have no idea why God can let a woman carry a baby to term and then just take it away in an instant. I accept it but I will never understand it. Well I don't know if I really accept it either but it is what it is and I have to. This death has left my feelings a little raw this week.

I also attended a funeral for a very special lady. She is my aunts mom and she was a wonderful person full of love for everyone she knew. She always showed me love and I appreciate her for that. She has been suffering will Alzheimer's for a while now and she finally succumbed to it.

Today I found out that one of my dearest friends' sister died. She was only 28 and has a 7 year old son. My heart is breaking for their family right now. The situation reminds me alot of my cousin shane and of course that just makes my soul hurt. We all miss him so much. Everytime I see his beautiful children I can see him in them and I really miss him.

So like I say I am having a sad day(week). I think life is tough and not fair. But you just gotta deal right? Certain things will always bring you back to times that you don't always want to remember but I guess that's life.

Oh yeah just to remind you all Deshawns appt with Primary childrens is in the morning. Say a prayer that we will get the answers we need. I will post as soon as I get a chance tommorrow.

3 comments:

Jeanna GT said...

Melanie-I hope you know that you are so strong for everything you have been through and you are a huge strength to others. I see how you've made it through and have 2 more precious little boys. You are truly amazing, I do hope you realize that! Good luck with Deshawn! GT

Deb Williams said...

I will keep you all in our prayers...I know that sometimes life is so hard to understand...i am at least happy to know that god up there does know what he is doing even though i always dont get it and my not always love the "trial" that I have to go through...you are a tough chick and I dont envy your trial. But my faith leads me to believe that you will get to raise that kasey one day! keep your chin up and know that you are loved and we are thinking and praying for and about you!

my--four--sons said...

Thank you guys for your comments.