Monday, August 11, 2008

Last week of summer vacation!

So this is the last week of summer vacation around here. Adam starts school on Monday and the little boys will be having their kindergarten evaluations during that week then they will begin the next monday.

I really can't tell you how much I am looking forward to getting them back to school and having more structure. I think they are all sick of each other too. This year I have Dee going to AM kindergarten and Parker in the PM kindergarten. This will give me some good one on one with them. I figure I can work on homework with Parker in the mornings and in the afternoon when Parker goes to school and Dee gets home I can work with Dee on his homework. Then when they all get home I can help Adam with his homework in the evening.

This all sounds good in theory and hopefully it will work out. Kindergarten is a big step for the boys. They will learn how to read this year(hopefully). They are both use to going to preschool so I am sure they will handle the transition well.

In other news we are leaving for a overnighter camping trip this weekend. One last hoorah before school starts. We are taking my little car again since it is far and my car gets like 31 miles per gallon. Last time we took the truck it cost us over $200 in gas and gas prices have gone up since then. I sometimes wonder why we even have that stupid truck anymore. The only time we ever drive it is to pull our trailer. But in the meantime it sits there and costs us $450 a month in payments and another $50 in insurance. It's a diesel engine so the gas for diesel is outrageous and we never want to take it.

Also in other news we are having Parker's birthday party on Wednesday. His birthday isn't until Monday but we are having a combined birthday party with some of my other nieces and nephews so Wednesday it is. I think they will have a blast. We rented out this place called jumpin jacks. Its a place that has alot of bounce houses and slides and what not. We have rented it out from 7-9pm and we are doing cake, ice cream and presents there too. So all the mess stays there. I still can't believe my "baby" is turning 5.

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

sounds like fun...the party that is...sounds like you are going to have super busy days ahead! Next yr will give you some time to get stuff done by your self! good luck you are a trooper!