Monday, June 23, 2008

strawberry fun!

WARNING: This is a looooooooong post!

First off I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a few people yesterday. My mother in law had her birthday yesterday as well as my cousins Dee and Danny! I hope you all had a great birthday. And for Dee I hope you had a great birthday week!!!

I know it has been awhile since I last posted so I guess I better update you on our last week. I guess we should start with fathers day. We went over to Rick's dads on the saturday before fathers day to celebrate with him after we spent the morning cutting down a tree in our backyard. We had a nice dinner and the kids had a fun time with their cousins.

On Fathers day I made Rick breakfast and the boys hugged on their daddy all morning. Then in the afternoon we went over to my dads. We had a dinner and the kids all had a water balloon fight and ran through the sprinklers. All in all it was a nice day.

Okay so for the next week our city was celebrating what they call strawberry days. So the festivities didn't start until wednesday so we spent monday and tuesday gearing up to go. So on mon we woke up and took tree branches to our green waste place and then we went to the movies. Then we came home and cleaned our little hearts out. Tuesday we woke up and took another load to the green waste place. We came home and finished up our laundry for the week and the boys spent the afternoon out on the trampoline getting wet.

WEDNESDAY finally rolled around. We took one more load to the green waste place and the boys made me drive by the carnival on the way home. After that they were so excited all day. I convinced them to clean my car and Rick's truck. They were adorable. I took pictures I will have to get them on later. When Rick got home we ate dinner and then went over to the carnival. I have decided I am old. Those rides kicked my butt and I only went 2 rides. Deshawn decided he was ready for a big kids ride. So Adam and deshawn went together and I seriously thought dee was going to cry. He looked mortified. But when he got off he said he was only a little scared.
THURSDAY we went to the Park and met up with a friend we haven't seen in a couple of years . Our kids all played and we had a good time talking. Then in the evening we went to the rodeo with my sister and her family. I think everyone enjoyed it. Parker loves the mutton bustin.
FRIDAY my city had what they call huck finn days. They provide the kids a free little carnival with face painting, pony rides, games, fishing, jump houses ect... It was crowded but still fun. Then I went to dinner with "the girls" and went to the movies. We saw the show with ashton kut.cher and cameron dia.z What happens in vegas. It was hilarious.
SATURDAY we went to our local cabelas and bought Rick some new shoes and we also bought cargo bags for my car so we can do some tent camping and take my car. The system is pretty cool it has 2 large duffles that snap together or if you only need one you can use one. They have rollers on then so they are real easy to handle. After we got home my sister called and asked if her boys could stay over so we had my sisters boys for the night. They were cute but my boys were out of control for some reason. I really think they don't know how to act when other kids are here.
SUNDAY my sister came and got her kids and I went back to bed and took a nap. It was so nice. I haven't had a nap in so long. Then after the nap we decided to head up the canyon and go for a hike. The hike was great. My family loves to go hiking. All except for Deshawn. He wines and cries the whole time but we just encourage him and tell him how healthy and strong he will be if he exercises. He likes it when we tell him he is getting muscles when he works out.

So as you can see we were very busy people and that is why I have been a bad blogger.

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

wow you guys hasve been super busy!!! looks like you are getting a lot done. you guys are having fun too. I wish that my kids were old enough to go hiking. they think they should take off in different directions and I am stuck with chasing them. it does not make for a fun outing!