Wednesday, August 29, 2007

you are going to kill me

For all of those expecting pictures from our recent adventure...... SORRY!!!! You know how there is always something you forget when you are going camping?? Well the one thing I forgot was my camera. OOPS!!!!!! I was so ticked off when I got there and realized I forgot it.

We had a great weekend. Rick and Adam ditched me, Dee and Parker most of the time. They were hunting while we were just camping. But we had 2 of Rick's brothers, 1 sister his dad and all of there families there so all the cousins had a blast playing together. I just love it when we all can get together and spend good quality time together. These are the times when I feel closest to my nephews and nieces. Each one of them hold a special part of my heart. The oldest boy nephew who is 12 years old got his first little buck. The look on his face was priceless. He was so proud and it was fun to see his little cockky side. I am amazed how fast they grow up.

Me, Dee and Parker went on a 4wheeler ride clear up to the top of the mountain to a real remote pond up there. It was so beautiful. The ride up on the 4wheeler was a little hairy but we got there in one piece. We also did a lot of fishing too. I think between all of us we caught over 50 fish and they were big fish too. All in all we had a ball.

Rick and I are heading back down on friday without children woooohooo! I am soooooo evil. It will be some good times for us since we never get any alone time anymore.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention. I am officially a free woman tues-fri in the afternoons. Dee and Parker started prekindergarten this week and they are both in the afternoon classes. Dee is in special ed preK at another school and Adam and Parker attend the same school. Dee only goes 4 days a week while Parker goes 5 days (oh yeah you heard that right 5 whole days). I am really excited to be getting a little break. I have had my hands full for the last few years and I finally feel like I might be a person and not just a mommy.

I will post again when we get back after the weekend.

5 comments:

Dee said...

Sounds like you had a great time with an even better time to come this weekend! I can't believe you forgot your camera!!! Dang it Mel!

my--four--sons said...

I can't believe I forgot my camera either. But when I am trying to remember everything for 5 people not to mention all the things that are required when you take a trailer it's amazing to me that I even remembered my children.

Deb Williams said...

I hear ya there I have to make list of things I dont want to forget...and I still forget things half the time...even when I set them with the stuff to go!!!

Jeanna GT said...

I'm glad you had a good time hunting/camping! That's such a fun tradition you guys have! Too bad no pics, but sometimes being too worried about pics can ruin the moment, you know! So you atleast got to enjoy every single moment...no name for baby yet, 1 week left, I'm starting to panic...what the H am I doing??? I do love your blog and seeing what you're up to! Have fun with your new free-time! We'll keep ya posted! GT

Jean Hard said...

WoW you have a fun blogg website. I 'm gald you and Debbie have started one. I'm going to start one someday. Keep up the good work. Auntie Jean